Multimode Fiber Bulk Cable
Multi-mode fiber is a type of optical fiber designed to carry multiple light rays or modes simultaneously, each at a marginally different reflection angle inside the optical fiber core. Types of Multimode:
- OM1 (62.5 µm) fiber has reached its performance limit
- In lab testing, 50 µm fiber offers as much as ten times the bandwidth of 62.5 µm fiber
- OM3 and OM4 fibers will support upcoming 40 and 100 Gb/s speeds. Only OM3 and OM4 Multimode fibers are included in the IEEE 802.3ba standard for next-generation 40 and 100 Gb/s Ethernet. OM1 and OM2 fibers are not supported media types for these applications.
- OM5 was developed to support shortwave wavelength division multiplexing (SWDM) from 840 nm to 953 nm
- Mixing fiber types is strongly not recommended.
Pricing per foot – Input required footage as quantity.
6 Strand 50/125, 12 Strand 50/125, 24 Strand 50/125, 48 Strand 50/125, 96 Strand 50/125, 144 Strand 50/125
Plenum, Non Plenum
Indoor/Outdoor, Indoor, Armored
OM3, OM4, OM5