Adjustable Cable Drum Trailer 48 000KG
The Adjustable Width Cable Drum Trailers are designed to cope with the ever increasing size of Cable Drums. High Voltage cables are being laid underground instead of over headlines. The cables are being supplied as longer lengths, thus allowing for a reduction in the number of joints needing to be made, however this is having a major impact on the size of the drums.
Due to the increase in width & diameter of these drums, it is becoming increasingly difficult for the standard range of cable trailers to cope, as the drums are just too wide, however, the adjustable width range of trailers ensures the trailers can be transported to site and then widened to accept the relevant drum sizes. Our range of hydraulically adjustable trailers are available from 20,000kg to 50,000kg capacity and due to the design, the trailers can be supplied to accommodate various different drum widths and weights, thus providing you with one trailer which could potentially carry different drums on the same site.
- The adjustable width section is hydraulically operated, with the controls being placed at the stationary front section of the trailer.
- A Hydraulically operated Jacking System, elevates the trailer, to allow the sides to extend & retract.
- You select the width drum you are going to utilize and then insert a pin at the correct point to secure the chassis for use.
- The drum drive system is attached to the main sides of the trailer and thus widens and retracts with the trailer itself.
- The controls for the drum drive system and power lift units will be located at the rear of the trailer.
Axle Type: Multi Axle
Payload (Approx.): 48000Kgs
Gross Vehicle Weight: 57000Kgs
Maximum Drum Width: 2800mm
Drum Diameter: 5000mm Max, 2900mm Min
Spindle Diameter: 152mm
Tow Eye/Coupling Height Unladen: 76/Pivot type
Trailer Width: 4300mm
Towing Speed: 10Kmh
Tyres: 14.00×24. Rear 295×60 R22.5
Brake System: 2 Line Air